Re: GPL "or any greater version"

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 10:44:46PM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:
> If someone at the FSF does claim officially that the first is possible,
> could you also ask how this is supposed to be done?

I intend to, though I don't want to throw too many questions at them
or get too far ahead of the dialog, for risk of making it harder to
get any answers at all.  (I'll wait until I get an "official" reply
before prodding for more details, since the reply might answer our
questions already.)

> [For example, is it legal to remove the "or later versions" copyright
> notices?]

His last reply did say that it isn't.  (It's extremely annoying that
I can't quote it, though; asking permission to do so is usually a
formality, so I was surprised when I didn't immediately receive a
go-ahead.)

--
Glenn Maynard