Re: NEW ocaml licence proposal by upstream, will be part of the 3.08.1 release going into sarge.

Francesco, I think you're misinterpreting Sven's intent with the "more
permissive" license.  The idea is not that you or I would ever see
such a thing; rather, INRIA sells licenses to Ocaml.  You pay them
$10k or so, and you get a permissive license.  If you don't pay, you
get the QPL.

As far as the "provided" part goes: the idea there is that INRIA will
distribute my modifications under their permissive-for-sale license
and the QPL -- though the QPL version may only be distributed to their
pet cats, for all I know.  The recipients of the permissive-for-sale
versions will make further modifications and sell the result, and I
may be completely unaware that I own the copyright on part of
something I later buy from them.

Those later recipients are not under any obligation to release copies
under the QPL.

-Brian