Re: NEW ocaml licence proposal by upstream, will be part of the 3.08.1 release going into sarge.

Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> Brian Thomas Sniffen <bts@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>
>> I've been following Sven's interpretation of QPL 3b's wording "under
>> this license."  That is, rather than reading it as "permitted by this
>> license," reading it as distribution of modifications themselves
>> licensed under the QPL.
>
> I've been mostly ignoring Sven. I don't find this argument terribly
> interesting.

OK, so you're ignoring the maintainer of the package in question, you
don't think people who view the DFSG as a compromise of freedom and
practicality should be listened to, and you want answers to have
strong ties to the DFSG *and* to be philosophically grounded without
reference to the DFSG.

I think that works out to you not listening to anybody else and nobody
having any reason to listen to you.  Are you sure you want to keep a
position this inflexible?  I'm not even sure why you're posting in
this thread, or subscribed to this list, given what you've said
recently.

-Brian