Re: NEW ocaml licence proposal by upstream, will be part of the 3.08.1 release going into sarge.

Brian Thomas Sniffen <bts@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> Yes, it does -- it prevents me from incorporating any patch to which I
> don't own the copyright.  There is no license I can have from anybody
> which permits me to grant a license like this to the "initial
> developer" -- granting new licenses is something only the copyright
> holder can do.

If the patch is significant then it's already triggered QPL 3b at the
time the author provided it to you. If the patch is insignificant then
it doesn't matter. The only thing that allows the author of the patch
the right to send it to you in the first place is the QPL, and they have
no right to send you that patch unless they've already granted
permission to the copyright holder.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org