Re: NEW ocaml licence proposal by upstream, will be part of the 3.08.1 release going into sarge.

On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 09:55 -0400, Brian Thomas Sniffen wrote:

> But a requirement that I provide permissions over-and-above the
> freedoms I had is non-free.

Do you believe that this is non-free because of philosophical reasons,
or because DFSG 3 says so? I recognise that this is what DFSG 3 appears
to claim, but on re-reading the debian-private thread which shaped the
social contract I'm becoming increasingly convinced that that's not its
intention. I'd be interested to hear arguments for why DFSG 3 /should/
mean what it appears to mean.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org