Re: GPL-compatible, copyleft documentation license

On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 02:53:25AM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 01:13:44AM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> > However, even though the GPL allows for a broad interpretation of
> > "Program", the GPL hasn't been designed to be applied to non-programs
> > which are often distributed in a form that is not machine-readable
> > (see Francesco's message).
>
> This is a non-issue. It's also silly. There is no infrastructure for
> distributing things that aren't machine-readable in Debian.

I think it's critical that I have permission to sell hardcopies of manuals;
the lack of Debian infrastructure for that doesn't make it any less
important.

(Whether or not this is an issue with using the GPL for manuals, I have
no idea.)

--
Glenn Maynard