Re: DRAFT: debian-legal summary of the QPL

On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 11:09:06PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> I'm seriously beginning to wonder if people
> debating licenses here actually _want_ there to be progress, or if the
> debate _itself_ is the raison d'etre.

I certainly have no desire to waste time arguing about arbitrary termination
clauses and other things that seem obviously and extremely non-free, but
"fixing" annoying mailing list threads by changing founding documents is a
bad idea.

I don't think "tightening up" is a good thing; that implies, to me, that
the project will be less able to deal later with new non-free restrictions;
there are more and more of those on a daily basis, and modifying the DFSG
on a daily basis is bad.  However, your notion of "tightening" may not be
the same as mine.  Let's stop being vague: if you have a suggested change
to the DFSG, let's hear it, so we can talk about it specifically.

--
Glenn Maynard