Re: DRAFT: debian-legal summary of the QPL

Don Armstrong writes:
>On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> All users of the software are given the same license. The license
>> itself does not discriminate against them; it does not say "no
>> people on a desert island may use this" or similar.
>
>I think you're limiting it to explicit discrimination, whereas I feel
>it should apply to effective discrimination as well.
>
>Since the DFSG itself doesn't distinguish between the two in that
>clause, the latter is a perfectly reasonable interpretation.

So where does this stop? Just about every current free license out
there will have clauses that may clash with national laws
somewhere. Be reasonable here, please: "effective discrimination" is a
very shaky thing to start claiming...

"Every time you use Tcl, God kills a kitten." -- Malcolm Ray