Re: DRAFT: debian-legal summary of the QPL

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 01:37:46 +0100 MJ Ray wrote:

> > We must also collect some sort of license database, so as we can say
> > "this package is solely under the L license, hence it cannot be
> > DFSG-free for sure".
>
> What does this do that a database of summaries indexed by licence
> wouldn't?

Nothing more.
Actually a database of package review summaries indexed by license would
be perfectly fine, IMHO.

Anyway, sometimes we have a fairly large number of packages that include
L-licensed material: in that case it seems (at least to me) a bit weird
if we focused on *one* particular package, rather than on the license L
itself.

--
             |  GnuPG Key ID = DD6DFCF4 |  $ fortune
  Francesco  |        Key fingerprint = |  Q: What is purple
     Poli    | C979 F34B 27CE 5CD8 DC12 |     and commutes?