Re: DRAFT: debian-legal summary of the QPL

Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS <edmundo@rano.org> wrote:

>It seems to me that the "dissident test" is just a weird way of saying
>something like:
>
>DFSG 11. Licence Must Not Invade Privacy of Individuals or Groups

Right. That's the sort of conclusion I'm coming to. If it /is/ actually
effectively another criterion, then the right way to go about it is by
changing the DFSG. I don't think it really exists there at the moment,
and so I think trying to test packages against it is unreasonable.

>If it's too hard to come up with a realistic example of a group that
>everyone agrees is deserving of privacy then perhaps it's best to just
>leave it as an abstract requirement.

I'd agree.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org