Re: You can't get a copy unless you accept the GPL [was: Re: libkrb53 - odd license term]

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 23:25:18 -0700 Adam McKenna wrote:

> the reason you can copy a file
> which has been released under the GPL without accepting the GPL is
> because you are explicitly granted that right by the GPL.

I don't think so: you are not granted any right by a license, unless you
accept the license itself.
Hence, I don't see how could the GPL grant any right to make copies to
someone who is not willing to accept the GPL itself.

--
             |  GnuPG Key ID = DD6DFCF4 | You're compiling a program
  Francesco  |        Key fingerprint = | and, all of a sudden, boom!
     Poli    | C979 F34B 27CE 5CD8 DC12 |         -- from APT HOWTO,