Re: You can't get a copy unless you accept the GPL [was: Re: libkrb53 - odd license term]

Scripsit Francesco Poli <frx@firenze.linux.it>

> That is: I'm not required to accept the GPL if I simply want to download
> (and install and use) a GPL'd piece of software.

If you want to *download* the sofware, then you'd better do it by the
GPL's terms. "Downloading" implies that you are instructing some
computer to make create a copy of the Work on your hard drive. Because
computers, legally speaking, do not *do* anything by themselves, *you*
are the one who are creating the copy on your hard drive. And creating
a copy is smack in the middle of the copyright holder's legal
monopoly.

--
Henning Makholm  "Det er jo svært at vide noget når man ikke ved det, ikke?"