Re: libkrb53 - odd license term

On 2004-06-05 00:23:18 +0100 Glenn Maynard <g_deb@zewt.org> wrote:

it's up to the list to determine if there's a problem.  Sorry, but I'm
not willing to ignore the DFSG so long as I don't use a particular piece of

No-one is ignoring the DFSG, so I don't know why you mentioned that.

software, and I think it's the burden of people who actually care about
the software to do the legwork to ensure that it's free.

Sure, but I can't see why they shouldn't assert their (non-exclusive) copyright interest in derived works.

There's also not yet a consensus on the "agree to the following terms or
do not retrieve" clause [...]

No, that's interesting too.

--
MJR/slef
My Opinion Only and possibly not of any group I know.