Re: DFSG audit of X-Oz license wanted

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 12:15:32PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> On 2004-02-17 05:22:39 +0000 David Nusinow <david_nusinow@verizon.net>
> wrote:
>
> >       3. The end-user documentation included with the
> >redistribution, if
> >          any, must include the following acknowledgment:
> >	    "This product includes software developed by X-Oz Technologies
> >(http://www.x-oz.com/)."
> >          Alternately, this acknowledgment may appear in the software
> >itself,
> >	  if and wherever such third-party acknowledgments normally appear.
>
> This clause shares the problems of the new XFree86 licence.

That's mainly because they're identical, except for the occurence of the
proper name "X-Oz Technologies" and the URL.

This is not a coincidence.  David Dawes is the author of this license,
the founder and sole employee (AFAIK) of X-Oz Technologies, Inc., and
the lead developer, release engineer, and most prominent board member of
The XFree86 Project, Inc.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Optimists believe we live in the
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    best of all possible worlds.