Re: Advice on Drip (ITP #156287)

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 12:41:53PM +0300, Richard Braakman wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 11:38:37PM +0000, Robert Millan wrote:
> > Such support is, however, disabled in this package because enabling it would
> > violate the DMCA and possibly other laws.
>
> Is this a claim we want to make?  I thought it hadn't been settled yet.

I agree.  We have the MPAA and RIAA to tell us what is and isn't legal
(which may change from day to day); we don't need to place any handcuffs
on ourselves.

In general, I think it's stupid to yell at the top of one's lungs, "Hey!
What I'm doing is *illegal*!"

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    If you make people think they're
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    thinking, they'll love you; but if