Re: Plugins, libraries, licenses and Debian

mru@kth.se (Måns Rullgård) schrieb:

> Arnoud Engelfriet <galactus@stack.nl> writes:
>
>> But anyway, although computer programs definitely are recognized
>> as subject to copyright in the EU, they do not fit the definition
>> of "derivative work" or "adaptation" very well. There just is no
>> guidance in this area. If you translate something, turn a book
>> into a play or putting a poem to music, you can just look it up
>> in the law. But software just isn't discussed much (other than
>> the no-reverse-engineering-unless and one-backup-copy provisions
>> and the like).
>
> Exactly my point.  What would the equivalent of dynamic linking be?  A
> book that says on the first page: take chapters 3 and 6 from book Foo
> and insert after chapter 4 in this book, then read the result.

Perhaps more realistic:

"Exercises and solutions. An add-on book to: A.Uthor, Principles of
Somethingology. An undergraduate textbook, PubLisher Inc., Someplace
2002"

with chapter 10 containing the exercise:

5. The derivation of the CENTRAL FORMULA in chapter 3 (pp. 64ff) was a
   little simplified. With the knowledge of the Advanced anything as
   outlined in chapter 10, you should now be able to understand the
   complete derivation.

   a) What is the simplification in the derivation on p. 66?

   b) How can it be formulated correctly?

Bye, Frank

Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie