Re: If not GFDL, then what?

Doug Winter wrote:
On Sat 11 Oct Mark Pilgrim wrote:

Here is what I would like to do:

1. Give away my book for free.
2. Force translations and all derivative works to remain free.
3. Force my editor's contributions to remain free.
4. Allow Apress to publish the book commercially.
5. Put the book in Debian main.

What license would you recommend for that?

One license you may wish to consider is the Creative Commons Attribution
License:

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/1.0/legalcode

It appears to fulfil all of your requirements, afaict, except perhaps
being suitable for main.

With all due respect, I already have a license that fulfills requirements 1-4 but not 5: the GFDL.

-Mark