Re: MPlayer DFSG compatibility status

On 2003-10-08, Glenn Maynard <g_deb@zewt.org> wrote:
> I think the only interesting question is whether a phone call from a
> non-legal Microsoft employee is enough for Debian to count the patent
> as enforced.

Alternatively, does anyone think there's a chance Microsoft would be
willing to state they would not enforce the patent against us?  I
believe they want this format to be more widely used, no?

What if Microsoft publically states that they would enforce the patent
against Windows players, but not against Linux players?

Peace,
	Dylan