Re: GFDL

Mathieu Roy <yeupou@gnu.org> writes:

> tb@becket.net (Thomas Bushnell, BSG) a tapoté :
>
>> Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:
>>
>> > If you want to criticize the FSF based on things you can imagine we
>> > might do, I am sure you can imagine no end of nasty possibilities.
>> > The only answer necessary to them is that they are false.
>>
>> You are criticizing Debian based on things you can imagine we might
>> do, and have imagined no end of nasty possibilities.  When we tell you
>> they are false, you just continue saying them.
>

>   - Several persons of Debian stated on that list that they would drop
>     any political text of GNU in GNU packages they may maintain.

They stated that they will drop every non free part that is in
debian. They won't drop free political text;

>   - But even if Debian do not drop the GNU
>     political/philosophical/... texts from the packages, what will
>     do the other distro, way more popular than Debian, which does
>     not even recognize the collection of software they ship as
>     GNU/Linux?

Does the license of Emacs forbid me to distribute it without the GNU
Manifesto ? No it don't. Name me one such distro that have one time in
the past distribute Emacs without it. And then I will consider this
argument.

--
Rémi Vanicat
remi.vanicat@laposte.net