Re: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal

    If, OTOH, your only goal is to persuade Debian to accept the GFDL
    with invariant sections as free enough for inclusion in our
    distribution, I don't see that such a discussion could ever bear
    fruit without a concrete proposal spelling out the alternative
    guidelines that should apply to documentation.

I don't plan to discuss even small GFDL changes here.  I think people
will present a proposal for guidelines for free documentation for
Debian.

      The definition of software
    that includes documentation is simply the only one that permits Debian
    to include documentation at all, and only if it complies with the DFSG.

I've mentioned the other possible choices, so there's no need for
repetition now.