Re: Unidentified subject!

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>     Your casual suggestion to "pick whichever seems better" leaves out the
>     object: better for whom?  For the Free Software community?  For the
>     Free Software Foundation, whose goals are quite different?
>
> That is a cheap shot, because it reflects only your decision to be
> nasty.  I could make the same kind of cheap shot by saying "Better for
> whom?  For the Free Software community?  Or for Debian, whose goals
> are quite different?"  I choose not to do this, but others do it to
> me.

It's not a cheap shot.  It's a serious question: Whose goals are we
going to consider?

You once told me that you would frequently read only the beginning of
email messages, and ignore the rest as soon as you saw something you
didn't like.  I think you did that here.  Brian went on to expalin
carefully just what he meant, and to explain why having different
interests here was not a bad thing.