Re: stepping in between Debian and FSF [Was: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal]

On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 01:16:12PM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> There is certainly a significant group within Debian that would ilke
> to see non-free get axed. We'll find out how large soon enough; I
> would be surprised if the question has not been resolved by the end of
> the year.

As someone in that group, I think your timetable is somewhat aggressive; the
amendment relating to non-technical organizational documents is still being
refined in -vote.  We are now almost to October, and even on an aggressive
schedule, you probably wouldn't see that one resolved until mid to late
November.

Then there is the non-free removal discussion and drafting process (the old
proposal may need to be modified to take into account the new procedures, if
enacted), and its voting period.

I'd say it won't happen until early 2004.

-- John