Re: stepping in between Debian and FSF [Was: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal]

From: Anthony DeRobertis <asd@suespammers.org>
> As a matter of principle, the RMS and, I assume, the FSF want
> invariant sections.

Actually, I am not convinced that FSF _as_an_organization_ wants
invariant sections.  It appears so far that when they are coupled to
_software_documentation_ that they are against FSF's own tenets. What I
see so far is that Richard has dug in his heels on the matter. Richard
isn't the pope, he gets to make mistakes.

I also do not see that Debian wants non-free to be quite so intimate
with the free part of Debian. This is against Debian's own tenets (take
my word as the guy who wrote them) just as use of GFDL for software
documentation is against FSF's. In a symmetrical role to Richard's at
FSF, we have folks on the Debian side who don't know when to stop
fanning the flames. They get to make mistakes too.

So, here we are still attempting to get the two organizations to follow
their own philosophies.

	Thanks

	Bruce