Re: stepping in between Debian and FSF [Was: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal]

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 11:27:06PM -0700, Bruce Perens wrote:
> I also do not see that Debian wants non-free to be quite so intimate
> with the free part of Debian. This is against Debian's own tenets (take
> my word as the guy who wrote them) just as use of GFDL for software
> documentation is against FSF's.

There is certainly a significant group within Debian that would ilke
to see non-free get axed. We'll find out how large soon enough; I
would be surprised if the question has not been resolved by the end of
the year.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |