Re: stepping in between Debian and FSF [Was: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal]

On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 06:48:48PM -0700, Bruce Perens wrote:
> What do you mean failed utterly? We haven't even begun discussions
> and this could not take less than months.
>
> I am on the geek cruise and can't email much this week.  Since GFDL documents
> are not going to change instantly, I suggest you go ahead with whatever plans
> you have to remove GFDL documents. We can always put them back later.

Oh, wow, I'm not sure anybody was expecting *months*.

That helps, anyway. If we had tried to go ahead, it's pretty much
guaranteed that some people would have used your recent mails as an
excuse to delay even longer; they can't get away with that now.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |