Re: FSF has stopped linking to Debian website

Andreas Barth <aba+nospam@not.so.argh.org> a tapoté :

> * Richard Stallman (rms@gnu.org) [030927 17:16]:
> > This policy has existed as long as our web site.  The links to such
> > sites were mistakes; I found out about them as a result of the recent
> > discussion, but the removal of these links has nothing to do with
> > that; we are just following our policy.  If you find anything on
> > www.gnu.org that doesn't follow this policy, please report it to
> > webmasters@gnu.org.
>
> Well, we can say exactly the same for Debian, just substitute "web
> site" with Debian, "links" with "inclusion", ....
>
> However, Debian discourages the usage of non-free software, but the
> FSF encourages the usage of non-free documentation. So, it's obvious
> who has more reasons to remove something.

PLEASE try to understand that different definition of important
freedom involved here.

You should said instead:
        However, Debian discourages the usage of non-free software
        according to Debian and GNU but the FSF encourages the usage
        of free documentation according to GNU, non-free according to
        Debian.

That way, things are less obvious.

But I wonder which goal we are reaching with these "removing" games
anyway.

--
Mathieu Roy

  Homepage: