Using portions of GNU Manuals in other manuals

Let's say that I fork a version of gcc. I think we all agree this is
allowed under the GPL, and, indeed has been done in the past. I make
significant changes.

Now, I need a manual for my new compiler fork. I naturally look to the
GNU's GCC manual. However, there are two problems I see in particular:

           (a) The FSF's Front-Cover Text is:

           A GNU Manual

           (b) The FSF's Back-Cover Text is:

           You have freedom to copy and modify this GNU Manual, like GNU
        software.  Copies published by the Free Software Foundation raise
        funds for GNU development.

I see this as a problem because my new manual has to include false
statements on the covers. It isn't a GNU manual anymore, and the FSF
certainly doesn't publish copies. Putting "A GNU Manual" on the cover
would, I think, be a violation of Title 15, Sec. 1125(a). So, as a
consequence, I can not distribute my manual at all.

I'm not sure I can modify GNU manuals _at all_ with those front and back
cover texts, because the moment I do, those texts are no longer true.