Re: Unidentified subject!

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>     1) Because the borders between the cases are ambiguous and uncertain.
>
> I sent a message a day or two ago (perhaps after you sent this one)
> which addresses that issue.

By saying "everything has ambiguous and uncertain borders".  But hey!
We don't need a border at all here!  We can ENTIRELY AVOID the
problem.  Why should we accept it then?

>     2) Because we want to be able to combine works from different sources,
>
> As I explained, this desire is usually impossible due to
> incompatibility of licenses.  To reject the GFDL on these grounds and
> accept some other GPL-incompatible license is a double standard.

We reject the GFDL because it is not merely incomptability of
licenses.

Here's the test.  I want to write a brand new program.  I insist it be
free software, but I am otherwise entirely agnostic about which free
software license I use.  I will use any license.

I want to incorporate parts of a GFDL'd manual into this new program.
I am not going to incorporate any other previously written bits from
any source.

What license should I use for my program?

This is not a case of incompatibility.