Re: Unidentified subject!

    1) Because the borders between the cases are ambiguous and uncertain.

I sent a message a day or two ago (perhaps after you sent this one)
which addresses that issue.

    2) Because we want to be able to combine works from different sources,

As I explained, this desire is usually impossible due to
incompatibility of licenses.  To reject the GFDL on these grounds and
accept some other GPL-incompatible license is a double standard.

       and something covered by the GFDL cannot be combined with ANY
       program to produce a work of free software.

By now you've seen my response to that point.