Re: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal

* Mathieu Roy (yeupou@gnu.org) [030923 08:51]:
> Andreas Barth <aba+nospam@not.so.argh.org> a tapoté :
> > Now, then next question is very clear for debian-legal: The Social
> > Contract (and the DFSG) say that all software in Debian must be 100%
> > free. So, the answer for Debian is: Every software.

> I think this question too simplistic. The current situation is the
> fact that we have manuals with some part that will never be
> DFSG-compliant. It was important to ask to ourselves if, in this case,
> removing these manuals is more harmful than letting these manuals.

You can ask the very same question for non-free software, e.g. some
jdk. Debian has one very consistent answer. The answer is that
everything that wants to be in main, must be DFSG-free.

Cheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/