Re: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 12:36:14PM +0200, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> MJ Ray <markj@cloaked.freeserve.co.uk> a tapoté :

> > On 2003-09-22 11:21:35 +0100 Mathieu Roy <yeupou@gnu.org> wrote:
> > > The FSF always has been about computing, way before Debian even
> > > exists.

> > The FSF apparently claims that it is only concerned with program
> > freedom.

> And documentation.

> Basically the other things sitting a computer are not part of the OS.

> My girlfriend photography sitting on my computer is not free
> software. That's not something I think important to be shared.

The procmail rules I have in my home directory are not part of the OS
and are not free software.  I don't feel it's important to share them.
That doesn't mean they aren't software -- it just means they aren't
*free* software.  Last I checked, the FSF also defended the user's right
to create software locally without enforced sharing.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer