Re: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal

On 2003-09-22 11:21:35 +0100 Mathieu Roy <yeupou@gnu.org> wrote:
The FSF always has been about computing, way before Debian even
exists.

The FSF apparently claims that it is only concerned with program freedom.

and that is possibly how most LL supporters will know the word.
 From what you say, "logiciel" appears fine for their purpose.
It is already very hard to promote the Logiciel Libre in France. I
think that emcumbering it with your view described at the end of this
message would not be helpful at all.

That view is not a requirement for support of free software.

Your argument against the GFDL invariant section applies to texts in a
non-software form. So basically, your point of view is not
specifically computing related.

This does not invalidate the reasoning for the software form. I believe that it can be generalised, but it is not necessary to believe that.

[I advocate free works in all media]
This view clearly have an influence on your usage of the word software
in the Debian case.

Like hell.  My school computing lessons have a larger influence.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at