Re: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal

Mathieu Roy, 2003-09-22 11:40:13 +0200 :

> "Logiciel" is a correct translation of "software" in most of the
> case. And there's no word to translate "software" in its widest
> sense -- probably because nobody in France ever needed that word.
>
> Note that the issue with software have nothing to do with false
> friends. Logiciel and software have nothing in common.

Uh, yes, they have, as described in another post by me in the same
thread.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Such compressed poems / With seventeen syllables / Can't have much meaning...
  -- in Gödel, Escher, Bach: an Eternal Golden Braid (Douglas Hofstadter)