Re: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal

On 2003-09-22 07:33:48 +0100 Andreas Barth <aba+nospam@not.so.argh.org> wrote:
Sorry, but at least I understood software at start of discussion more
as a synonym to programms, but I'm not a native english speaker.

I am sorry that "software" has been mistranslated frequently, but this is not unusual. Many languages have false friends, yet we do not spell out all of them just in case.

[...]
So, it's not true that all people using software as programms are
doing it to get better arguments. There are some people that do it,

It was not claimed that all people with the synonym definition have that motive.