Re: There was never a chance of a "GFDL compromise"

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 10:58:27 -0400
Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> wrote:

>     If the whole doc was DFSG free, I believe no Debian maintainer
>     would remove the political statements one could find in it.
>
> Two people have just said they would remove any essay that cannot
> be modified.

Yes, because any such essay would not be DFSG free, and DFSG free-ness
is a prerequisite for inclusion of software[1] in main. For the
political statements to remain, they would have to be both removable
*and* modifiable. [2] Which part of "If the whole doc was DFSG free" did
you fail to understand?

[1] As in "that which is not hardware", not just the programs therein.

[2] Okay, if they were fully modifiable, then removable kind of goes
without saying. The former is really just a subset of the latter, I
accept.