Re: There was never a chance of a "GFDL compromise"

    > A few weeks ago someone was trying to argue that nobody would do
    > this, and that invariant sections were designed to solve a
    > nonexistent problem.  Now we know the problem is not just
    > theoretical.

    No, it's still a theoretical problem.[1] The above has nothing to do
    with the content of the statements themselves, merely the fact that
    they are not free under the DFSG.

The problem is that our non-modifiable political essays might be
removed from our manuals, if the manuals' licenses permitted that.
You have just said you would remove them.