Re: software definition

Glenn Maynard <g_deb@zewt.org> a tapoté :

> On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 08:31:37AM +0200, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> > "Software" is translated into "Logiciel" in French, which means program
> > actually.
> > The "French name" for Free Software is "Logiciel Libre".
> >
> > It makes no room for confusion: when you believe in "Logiciel Libre",
> > it does not mean at all that you think that magically every text that
> > is copied on a computer change it's nature (like the Bible stopping
> > to be a theological text to be a "software")
>
> Wow.  You're still arguing that freedom isn't important if it's not
> about programs

[Wow, you are not able to read.]

Apparently you seen "freedom isn't important" in a paragraph that
tells you that "the Bible is still a theological text, even when the
Bible is stored on a computer device". Can you elaborate?

> , and that we should give it up freely since it's not the focus of
> the FSF

Can you quote me saying that in the message you replied to?

> , and going on and on with definitions that have zero relevance to
> the spirit of the issue.

Sure, definition of the word "software" is *completely* irrelevant in
a message that is a reply to a message about the definition of this
word.

Can you remind me what was your point, apart from 'I do not agree'?

--
Mathieu Roy

  Homepage:
    http://yeupou.coleumes.org