Re: A possible GFDL compromise

Anthony DeRobertis  schrieb/wrote:
> I think the way that the GFDL currently attempts to prohibit DRM is
> non-free. I can't think of a wording that would prohibit DRM and still
> be free. However, I don't think DFSG 1 says DRM must be allowed.

DRM is incompatible with the goal of DFSG 1: It's just that DRM does not
put a legal restriction on the redistribution (as covered DFSG 1) but a
technical one (which is often protected by laws such as the DCMA, EUCD
or WCT).
Just as DFSG 1 does not say that you can't have a licence that outlaws
further restrictions imposed by a stricter licence (which would make
Copyleft and the GPL non-free) it does not, IMO, say that you can't
outlaw similar restrictions imposed by DRM.

Claus
--
http://www.faerber.muc.de/ -- http://www.bayern-gewinnt.de