Re: A possible GFDL compromise

Anthony DeRobertis said:
> The GPL prohibits us from distributing Debian on orange peels or
> probably even punch cards, because that's not "on a medium customarily
> used for software interchange."

The medium restriction you note refers only to the source code.  We can
distribute Debian on orange peels (There's more to Debian than just source).

Also, if the binaries are distributed on orange peels, then orange peels
must meet the criteria for "software interchange", since the binaries are
software.

--Joe