Re: stepping in between Debian and FSF

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 10:08:54AM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> Non-free is up in the air for purely administrative issues, and has
> been for a few years; we simply haven't got around to making a
> decision on the matter yet. It'll hopefully happen in the next few
> months; it was stalled behind the voting system amendment for years.

Not entirely.  My proposal to remove non-free from our archives and amend
the social contract to state that it will no longer be available on our FTP
servers is what is in the air.

We can, without making any change to the social contract or requiring any
GR, create a separate /debian-non-free archive on our mirror system, and
change the base system to provide no reference to it.