Re: stepping in between Debian and FSF

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 05:28:32PM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> I think you'll find most of the people who want to remove non-free
> would not have a serious problem with removing the GFDLed
> documentation.

As far as I'm concerned, if something is not free enough for main, it is not
part of Debian.  The fallacy of saying that "non-free is too important to a
Debian system to remove" is that a Debian system does not contain non-free,
and if it is unusable without it, we must fix main.

So, I would agree with your comments, Andrew.  Whether or not GFDL documents
end up in non-free has no bearing on my support for removing it from
Debian's archives.

-- John