Re: Changing a license of a unmaintained software

On Sat, 2003-09-06 at 20:15, Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS wrote:

> Scott James Remnant <scott@netsplit.com>:
>
> > Posessing a digitally signed e-mail from the author would have (under UK
> > law) the same power as holding a written letter signed by the author.
>
> That's bullshit, I think. But let's not bother discussing it any
> further.

*sigh*

Electronic Communications Act 2000

7. - (1) In any legal proceedings-

        (a) an electronic signature incorporated into or logically
        associated with a particular electronic communication or
        particular electronic data, and

        (b) the certification by any person of such a signature,

shall each be admissible in evidence in relation to any question as to
the authenticity of the communication or data or as to the integrity of
the communication or data.

Scott
--
Have you ever, ever felt like this?