Re: vrms and contrib installers

bts@alum.mit.edu (Brian T. Sniffen) a tapoté :

> Mathieu, your habit of cutting context before replying makes long-term
> conversation with you impossible.
>
> Mathieu Roy <yeupou@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > It must be possible to remove an installer without removing the
> > installed software. That's not what is asked here.
>
> It is possible: remove the package without purging it.  If you want
> the installer and the installed non-free software gone, purge the
> package.
>
> You have not studied this issue even enough to make factual
> complaints.

My request to fix the issue we discussing is to force the installer to
build a debian package for the software they install. Whether or not
removing the installer may be, with or without --purge, removing the
installed software is irrelevant.

What is asked is the ability to remove/track non-free software with
the usual debian tools (dpkg, vrms).

I do not know if your mailer have troubles to follow the thread but
when I said "That's not what is asked here", I was not expecting a
confirmation of this possibility.

--
Mathieu Roy

  Homepage: