Re: A possible GFDL compromise

Scripsit John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org>
> On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 01:41:55PM -0400, Brian T. Sniffen wrote:

> > addresses the problems which affect all GFDL documents: the
> > requirements for transparent formats, and the "anti-DMCA" clause (the
> > ban on technical access control measures).  It also doesn't

> That doesn't seem to me to be any more non-free than the GPL requiring
> people that distribute binaries also distribute soures.

It fails the dissident test. The dissidents would not be able to
exchange copies of the covered work in encrypted emails (which they
might have every reason to want to, if the work contains information
that the secret police does not want people to know).

--
Henning Makholm                             "In my opinion, this child don't
                                       need to have his head shrunk at all."