Re: The debate on Invariant sections (long)

Scripsit Peter S Galbraith <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
> Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net> wrote:

> > Exclude from "publisher" in all these cases a hypothetical zealous
> > author who is his own publisher and wants to make it inconvenient
> > for other people to publish hardcopies that compete with his own - he
> > does not need a "free" license at all to do so.

> I think that may be the point of the license.

You said that, Pilate...

Henning Makholm               "... not one has been remembered from the time
                         when the author studied freshman physics. Quite the
            contrary: he merely remembers that such and such is true, and to
          explain it he invents a demonstration at the moment it is needed."