Re: The debate on Invariant sections (long)

Le mer 14/05/2003 à 08:22, Branden Robinson a écrit :
> I disagree.  I often pull my paper GNU manuals off the shelf rather than
> consult the on-line documentation.  For most things I need to
> accomplish, say with GNU Awk, the old paper manual is sufficiently
> accurate and helpful.

Then maybe it should be decided on a case-by-case basis.

> I wonder what would happen if we applied the same standard you propose
> to the *software* in the Debian archive...

When some popular enough software becomes non-free, there is very often
a free fork which gets maintained. If that happens to some non-free
documentation as well, that's fine, but I don't think you will find many
volunteers to do that.