Re: The debate on Invariant sections (long)

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 12:01:51AM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> I happen to agree here. If the documentation is non-free, let's drop it
> to non-free. Having an outdated and/or buggy documentation is worse than
> having no documentation at all.

I disagree.  I often pull my paper GNU manuals off the shelf rather than
consult the on-line documentation.  For most things I need to
accomplish, say with GNU Awk, the old paper manual is sufficiently
accurate and helpful.

I wonder what would happen if we applied the same standard you propose
to the *software* in the Debian archive...

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    The best place to hide something is
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    in documentation.