Re: The debate on Invariant sections (long)

Le mar 13/05/2003 à 23:37, Jérôme Marant a écrit :
> > I'd suggest that the old version go in main, and that the new version go
> > in non-free.  The non-free more uptodate one could be setup to supersede
> > the older free one once installed (if the content is at all different,
> > otherwise don't bother with it).
>   Why bother uploading to main an outdated manual that noone will use?
>   Do you really think that people will not have to pick it from
>   non-free. I doubt it.

I happen to agree here. If the documentation is non-free, let's drop it
to non-free. Having an outdated and/or buggy documentation is worse than
having no documentation at all.

Actually doing it is also the best way we have to make upstream authors
change their minds about the GFDL.