Re: OSD && DFSG - different purposes - constructive suggestion!

On Tue, 2003-03-11 at 11:33, Henning Makholm wrote:
> Scripsit David Turner <novalis@novalis.org>
> > On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 08:04, Henning Makholm wrote:
>
> > > In that case you can simply choose to distribute the program only to
> > > people you trust. You can't do this if the license carries an
> > > obligation to distribute to a fixed third party, too.
>
> > Interesting!  I am inclined to agree with this, and point out that the
> > AGPL basically puts users in the category of people you have to trust.
>
> Yes - and we don't want to accept licenses that do not allow people
> the freedom to chose who they want to trust.

You choose your users.

> > Sniffen (who secretely wants to write proprietary software)
>
> I think you just lost your credibility in this discussion.

I hope not!  I'm going by his comments in another part of this thread
(or was it another thread), which you described as arguments against
Free Software (rather than arguments against AGPL-like licensing).

--
-Dave Turner                     Stalk Me: 617 441 0668

"On matters of style, swim with the current, on matters
of principle, stand like a rock." -Thomas Jefferson