Re: OSD && DFSG - different purposes - constructive suggestion!

Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:
> Arguments about practicality, that this makes doing legitimate things harder
> or impossible in some situations for purely technical reasons (the stranded
> on an island test does this), are valid, but I haven't really seen any.

What about an ATM machine?  If the ATM machine communicated with the
central database using code with this enforced distribution clause,
then you have to distribute to the users of the ATM.  Modifying an ATM
to distribute code in addition to cash seems rather onerous.

Regards,
Walter Landry
wlandry@ucsd.edu